Put More Fun in Your Tubing Adventure!
- CHILDREN must be at least eight (8) years or older, 80 pounds AND 4 feet tall for tube rental & shuttle bus service at Saluda River Yacht Club.
- If a child does not meet ALL of these requirements, Saluda River Yacht Club does not recommend they participate, but participation is at the discretion of the guardian.
- Life Vest are required to be worn by everyone. Saluda River Yacht Club provides Life Vest in Adult Sizes, Small through XXX-Large. It is recommended if you have small children to bring a life vest that fits them adequately.
- Do NOT get out of the river until you reach the take out spot. This is an unguided tour. If you do not feel comfortable being on an unguided tour, we do not recommend this tubing adventure.
- A cell phone is required to be carried by at least one person in your party. Drypacks will be available for sale if you do not have a waterproof case.
- ALCOHOL, DRUGS, and the Saluda River DO NOT MIX! Play it safe…Don’t Do It! Have a great time responsibly and appoint a designated driver before your tubing adventure.
- Ice chests/coolers will be checked for glass containers. It is against the law to use glass containers at the Saluda River and glass containers will be confiscated!
- STYROFOAM COOLERS are NOT recommended for tubing on the Saluda River.
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER while tubing. Drink at least 1-2 bottles of water per hour while floating to help prevent dehydration.
- TENNIS SHOES or other protective footwear are needed to protect against cuts, scrapes, and bruises while walking to/from the Saluda River’s entry and exit points. Shoes will help protect your feet from the River’s rocky bottom. Flip flops and slippers are NOT recommended.
- SUNBLOCK lotion should be applied BEFORE and DURING your floating trip. Minimum 30 SPF.
- WEAR a CAP, HAT or VISOR while tubing. It will help shield your face and head from the rays of the sun.
- TYING the TUBES together is NOT recommended.
- LOCK YOUR VEHICLE. Do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
DO NOT LITTER! “Stash it and Bag it” in litter bags while tubing. Dump all trash in designated receptacles. Help keep Saluda River clean and beautiful!